I have been staying at school late... and *working* and I brought stuff home to work on.... but I don't have the energy. So I will lug it back to school (again) tomorrow.... and that's okay with me.
Tonight, I plan to get into my bed of fresh sheets and prop myself up with my two pillows and watch the Pilot of West Wing at 10:00. And then I will go to sleep... and get up early again and get to school early again, and maybe this time I will get some work done instead of sitting and talking to my fabulous 1st grade coworker. :)
It felt like Springtime today. I can't wait. I love the first few warm days... when it's 70 or 80 and then it goes back to normal temperatures. Those days are such treats. It's too bad I will be stuck inside for those days this year. Two years ago Jess and I went on a fabulous walk on one of those days... and we sat in the courtyard between Steele and Swarthout with a bunch of other people who were enjoying the weather... and I worked on my Civil War thematic unit. (Thematic units require an insane amount of time and energy!!) I remember going to the store one evening last April with Em, and we were talking about how fabulous the warm spring days were and the things they make me want to do. hahaha
I feel like I go into hibernation in the winter... with the weather and obligations and such. Spring makes me think of summer and fewer obligations... and sitting outside and staying up late. Sometimes too late. I miss sitting outside.
Imagine me, jumping up and down. That's how excited I am for warm weather!!
In other news, Em directed me to Inga Muscio's website...
. . .
I have taken leaps of faith,
I have chased the dragons of hopelessness
and came out in shining armor.
. . .
I will fumble through my choices
and I will reject good advice
and give advice
and take advice, maybe even if it's too late.
I will live this life to the fullest,
and maybe I'll never sell a book,
and I'll probably come out scab-kneed, tired, and brokenhearted,
still, I will live this life, each moment of this life. Even if it's hard.
Especially if it's hard.
. . .
--Sasha Lynn Irby
The whole thing is awesome. I didn't put it all here because it's long, but you should go read it!! You can find the rest of her poem, along with others here:Womanifestos.
That's all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment