Coldplay's "Trouble" always reminds me of the spring of 2002. The spring of homework parties, going out to play, chilling in the hallway and in Jess's room... when Mel was our permanent guest on 2nd Steele.
Yesterday, I attended a retreat called "To Teach as Jesus Did." Now, in light of all the shit that's been happening (with one individual in particular) the prospect of attending this retreat seemed a little laughable to me. It was not. It was really good.
Some things we were were asked to consider:
*In your life, does God more often act like earth, air, water or fire?
*Is Jesus more like a violin, trumpet, piano or drum?
*Partners: Days you feel I'm not doing enough, you can't give up, and days I feel like you're not doing enough, I can't give up.
*Four types of prayer: Wow! Thanks! Oops. Help!
*You are always revealing yourself.
A friend of mine started a blog recently, and it's been so interesting to see what he's got to say.
It's the best when you take a drink of hot tea, and it's the perfect temperature. The urge is to drink it all right then... because what if you forget about it for a long time? The next time you drink.... bad news!! This happens to me a lot.
I slept for something like 14 hours last night, so it's weird to be awake now. Friday night? What? Oh, I must have been sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment