Sunday, January 04, 2004

The text that follows truly is a random smattering...

What an exhausting day of... the same old, same old. Padre is pissed off and said --he finally said it, and thank goodness, because the aniticipation of it all was *killing me*-- "It's going to come back and bite you in the ass.... and if you don't believe me, I'll rent the truck myself." Oh, also that he was astounded by my consideration. Whatever. I don't need his toxicity. Perhaps it's time to number crunch.

...If only I had that adding machine!!!

In other news, I think I should think about doing something else for a while. Not forever, just a while.... something where the stress and work does not follow me home. Something I can leave behind when the doors lock behind me at the end of the day. The weekend could be for getting MY shit together for the next week. I could clean my room and get everything for my life together, and not feel like I'm being neglectful toward my job and consequently, my kids.

It's been snowing here since noon... kind of sounds tappy now... I hope it's not freezing rain or something equally icky that would mess up my chi.

I was peeling potatos this morning and the smell of the dirt on the peels reminded me of Dallas... haha :)

Angels of Mercy

most people don't
know there are
angels whose only
job is to make sure
you don't get too
comfortable & fall
asleep & miss your
life.

--Brian Andreas

The best thing about books that are my own is that there are always a thousand post-it notes and tiny pieces of paper marking my very favorite parts... the parts that always make me think, "Oh, I love that..."

No comments: