Saturday, January 03, 2004

Monday, 12/29
--Driving and driving and waiting and waiting!!
--Dinner and laughing and last minute errands
--Packing and a shower...
--"Sleep" over with Mel... which involved about 12 minutes of sleeping and LOTS of talking and laughing.


Tuesday, 12/30
--Leaving the house at 4 AM... lots of good music on at that time!!
--Taking off before the sun rise... there were lots of questions, lots of lights to look at on the ground, and then clouds, and then lights through the clouds.
--Finally to DFW... and Linnea!!
--Driving... Lyndon B. Johnson Fwy...
--Kennedy was assasinated in Dallas!!
--Cat naps and lunch with Brittney
--Cat naps and diagramming relationships and cat naps
--Dinner and driving and singing and laughing and talking.
--Skipping the movie and talking and laughing. And remembering.
--Fitting pieces of the puzzle together.
--Seriously...
--Sleeping, finally.


Wednesday, 12/31
--Shower experience.
--The water smells like dirt!!
--Would this work? Yes.
--Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks.
--Fun, flirty waiter Andrew.
--Tell me of life, the universe and everything. Oh wait, we already covered that!
--And, we're off to... the Grassy Knoll!!

--Things I've only ever seen on The History Channel.
--You can't take pictures of the parking lot!!
--Turns out, there's a museum!!
--She says I have a "thing" for the Kennedys
--They're always dead!!
--Pressed Pennies!!! All the souveniers I need for $1.02.
--Outside, the guy selling the souvenier paper stopped us almost immediately to explain what happened and where.
--He asked where I am from. Clearly, he wanted me. Must have been the pants!!
--Walking about 10 feet further...
--Intercepted by another souvenier paper guy who began to explain almost immediately what happened and where.
--There are X's painted on the road where the gunshots were... what???
--Pictures by the stockade fence and on the grass, and then...
--Driving over an X and, "Now you're dead!!"

--The liquor store on NYE is a CRAZY place.
--Police officers directing traffic in the parking lot.
--Random guy asking if I've tried Smirnoff Cranberry Twist.
--No, but it sounds good to me!
--I should have more outfits that make me the shit.
--Pirates of the Carribean, Jack Sparrow... funny stuff!!
--Getting my face painted. Look up. Up. No, UP, with your eyes!!
--Off to the party.
--Trying to avoid contact with creepy tuxedo jacket guy who is not right in the head.
--Thinking I missed midnight while in the bathroom.
--False alarm!
--Hoping creepy tuxedo guy stays away at midnight.
--Guy eating GIANT turkey leg in the kitchen.
--Talking about Rockford and Grayslake. It's a small world.
--The champaigne knocked me out.


Thursday, 01/01
--My bad luck of late follows us to the car when Linnea forgets her m&ms at home.
--Zoo Tour.
--Cockroaches displayed in a kitchen setting on fake food. YUCK!!
--Giant Desert Centipede... NASTY!!!
--More pressed pennies!! All the souveniers I need for $1.02.
--Chilling out and doing our own things in mostly silence.
--Listening to "War" and remembering long ago, when we traded our gold U2 cds.
--This is the best part.

No comments: