Saturday, December 06, 2003
Times I have called Linnea in hopes of chatting with her, and catching up when she has not been home: Countless.
Times I have really, really needed to talk to her when she was not there to take my call: Maybe once.
Today, sitting in the Wendy's parking lot, I tried calling my mom and the phone line was busy. We have call waiting. I thought maybe she was online using a dial-up connection. My thumb may have already been moving through the numbers in my phone before I had the thought to try Linnea. I called, and she was there. She listened and understood and gave me drops of wisdom and love and encouragement to take with me, like always.
There are very few sure things in my life. Linnea is one of them.
. . .
Effective today: I don't believe in coincidence. I believe in synchronicity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment