Sometimes when I'm driving home late at night (and by that I mean early in the morning...) I find answers on the oldies station. Songs that come on that just fit perfectly with whatever I'm thinking about or feeling... or songs that just come like messengers to remind me of things I already know. Adam would roll his eyes at me for even making such statements, but it's okay. Coincidence or not, I appreciate the answers I occasionally find on the airwaves...
Today was good. There was some crabbiness in the peanut gallery before we finally got going to Chicago, but we fixed that problem at Chilis. :) There weren't really any crazy people at Venetian Night this year... just a swarm of gnats and that funny guy down in front with the newspaper on his head like a bonnet for protection... The fireworks were awesome. There were some that just stayed in the sky forever... they were pretty cool. The finale song was "Beautiful Day," which was neat.
We packed up and walked back to Union Station... Down the middle of the street along with the other 699,994 people. It was a gorgeous night. There were some pretty crazy storms just north of us, and we could see the lightening during the boat parade and fireworks. The announcers from XRT left something to be desired... Where is Eric when you need him?
And where is our good friend Bill when the Vatican is lobbying Congress to pass a law that would deny same sex couples the right to marry?
Finally, for those who were not aware, "semaphore" can be a noun or a verb, meaning to visually signal with lights or flags.
No comments:
Post a Comment