Monday, November 03, 2003

This color feels a little bit like Christmas next to my last post, but it's okay. I told Mel I was okay with my jack-o-lanterns being mounted on dark green paper (like this... a sort of pine color) and then posted above the board, which is covered with red paper. I told her I am kind of looking forward to decorating for Christmas. If the weather's going to get crappy, we might as well have something fun to look forward do. Christmas decorations are warm fuzzies for your eyes. :)

Last night I captured one of those Bolivian biting beetles. I put it in an old prescription bottle with a piece of Tabasco Sauce flavored popcorn and sealed him up. Finally, a few hours later, I couldn't stand the guilt of putting him in a death chamber with a last meal that would probably give him heartburn, so I released him onto my mom's balcony. It was the right thing to do.

I wish that today, on my day off, that all the people who live at my house could be somewhere else. Days off are SO much better when you have the place to yourself. I had some plans for how I wanted my day to go... and they'll be messed up, inevitably, by my Dad. I have a time frame in mind for things I want to get done, and he'll mess it up. I'll get black holed. And my mom wants me to call the doctor to try to get in today. I do NOT want to drive an hour and a half south in this crap weather on my day off. I'm not about that. Not on this day off.



Dang those dangling....

No comments: