Wednesday, August 05, 2009

No. 5

It Sucked and then I Cried, by Heather Armstrong.

I found this book while I was at Borders with Gina in the pregnancy/parenting section. The cover drew me in with its cross stiched cover. Then, the title. When I read the inside flap of the dust jacket, I was sucked into the first chapter. I had to stifle my laughter, and it was HARD TO DO IN THE BOOKSTORE!!! Those words in caps are in tribute to Heather's favorite way to emphasize in her writing.

Anyway, the book is a humorous glimpse into pregnancy (and post-partum depression). I was drawn in because she got off her depression meds to have a baby. I was about to do the same thing. It was a good match. I appreciate her bravery in talking about depression and the ways it affects the lives of those who suffer from it, and those who love them.

You can read her blog here.

No comments: