Saturday, November 17, 2007

I don't like being a grammar snob... it is just in my genes. Or, you can blame Mrs. Sherling who taught me, among other things, "all As in grammar." I fear as I type this that there may be grammar mistake or two in this first paragraph, but I am certain they can't be as heinous as the ones I just found in two different (consecutive!) wedding vendor websites.

Now, an announcement to any wedding vendors who may try to sell me something based on a website: If you don't know basic grammar rules like when to use "s" or "'s", I will take your company less seriously. It reflects poorly on your professionalism.

It seems like if YOU have bad grammar, you should pay someone to edit your website, because mistakes like the following are just not acceptable:

  • Freeze Frame Photo Booths: Your guests will step into the photobooth and take four unique photo's. Our attendant will help them choose all or just their favorite photo's to put in your guest book. Error: plural vs. possessive "s"
  • Lake County's Largest Bridal Fair: Whether you are at the initial stages and planning the wedding or just need a couple last minute idea's. Error: sentence fragment, and plural vs. possessive "s"
  • Lake County's Largest Bridal Fair: All brides will get a one chance to win a $25,000 dream wedding. Error: "a chance" or "one chance"... but please, not both!
  • Lake County's Largest Bridal Fair: DISC JOCKEY'S. Error: plural vs. possessive "s"

No comments: