Yesterday started out nice... there were some rough bits in the middle, but I got through it and then had some alone time retail therapy and the duck had some alone time football (really!) therapy and the third party had some alone time sleeping therapy. Being an only child and in a relationship can be kind of hard sometimes.
The good part was I got a few breaths of Christmas at Target and then I went to the bookstore and got even more excited for Christmas. I bought two of my all-time favorite Christmas cds.... the originals, not redone and remixed. I was duped in the past when I bought a 40th Anniversary Charlie Brown Christmas album (and it wasn't the orignal, I discovered when I popped it into the cd player!!). Yesterday I bought the Original Soundtrack, so I am very excited to listen later!I had the same problem with the Carpenter's "A Christmas Portrait" a few years ago... I know
that album backwards and forwards and I can keep up with Karen's singing and I LOVE IT! I got home and eagerly pressed play and the Overture was TOTALLY different! I was very disappointed. However, yesterday at Borders I found a Carpenter's "Christmas Collection" which had "A Christmas Portrait" and another Christmas compilation of theirs... and I feel right at home now, because the Overture and the whole album is the original and it warms my heart. :) Now, I am off to see my parents and then back to Target for a couple things for Outdoor Ed. and then back to Borders because they gave me a 3% teacher discount instead of the 20% teacher discount... Once I get that refund I think I'll buy a peppermint mocha and put the rest in the Wedding envelope!
1 comment:
Looks like you had a busy weekend! I am sorry I ditched you the whole weekend--I will make it up to you soon.
I went to Kohls a few days ago and totally got in the Christmas mood. There may be a Christmas cd in my car. :)
See you soon. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!
Post a Comment